Author Topic: Divekick Addition Edition - Change List  (Read 55648 times)

Keits

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • Trouble Shooting
    • View Profile
Re: Divekick Addition Edition - Change List
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 11:08:55 pm »
Summary of terotrous's post (super similar to what the test group said): "everyone is top tier now holy shit im scared of everyone"

And I agree!

EastGold

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 11:21:59 pm »

Kick:

Of all the characters, I like Kick's changes the least, as I feel he is simply nerfed.  Due to the increased cost on Party Starter, you now really have to be sure it'll hit before you use it, and if you're sure it will hit, the buff is useless.  The increased height might actually remove some situations where he would have gotten a guaranteed headshot.

Kenny:

He's definitely way buffed, and I think he's very viable now.  He still has the interesting weakness that you can't tell what stance you're in, if it wasn't for this I think he'd be top tier.  It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Party Starter doesn't cost more Kick just builds meter slower. And Kenny was always Viable just nobody played him. I think I showed how good my Kenny was when we played that one time.

EFHRK

• Double Kill
  • I'm in Super Mensa
    • View Profile
    • Tweeter
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 11:38:02 pm »
Man I used to play Redacted but switched after a while to Kick. I just might be moving back after this. That wall cling is too legit.

Also I never want to face Stream.
I like girls, but now...it's about justice.

RealRockNRolla

• Multikill
  • REDACTED + Bruce 4evr
    • View Profile
    • VFCreations
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 11:47:03 pm »
Man I used to play Redacted but switched after a while to Kick. I just might be moving back after this. That wall cling is too legit.

Also I never want to face Stream.

REDACTED with a decent/useful Cornered Beast AND a faster-boosting Feral Stance is a VERY strong REDACTED with potential of being a top-tier character.  it's a wonderful day for REDACTED (and just about every other character in a way).
Steam: domaug
PSN: domaug
DK CHARACTERS: REDACTED, Markman

Sofaduel

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:14 pm »
Really like the Kenny changes. I can do some sick tricks with him now.
And Kenny was always Viable just nobody played him.
Also no one else has posted this yet so I'm gonna.
EVERYTHING IS WILL BE DIFFERENT WOW
Guess I gotta start playing again now.
Steam ID: Sofaduel

Terotrous

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 12:22:38 am »
Summary of terotrous's post (super similar to what the test group said): "everyone is top tier now holy shit im scared of everyone"

And I agree!
I was actually going to sum it up this way at first, though I feel that some of the old high tiers, like the brothers, may have fallen off a bit.  They just aren't nearly as crazy as some of the other characters, hopefully their solid fundamentals are still enough.

And Jefailey clearly isn't top tier yet, though I'm really looking forward to playing him now that every other battle isn't an instant loss.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:29:53 am by Terotrous »

jime701

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 12:43:07 am »
Brothers are going to fall a bit. Markman will fall. S-Kill and Shoals will have chances to battle for top tier, but I feel like this patch is going to leave top5 up for grabs for everyone who isn't brothers/markman.

EFHRK

• Double Kill
  • I'm in Super Mensa
    • View Profile
    • Tweeter
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 01:09:42 am »
And Jefailey clearly isn't top tier yet, though I'm really looking forward to playing him now that every other battle isn't an instant loss.

Jefailey forever Dan-tier
I like girls, but now...it's about justice.

Brikmaethor

• Multikill
  • Thinking with portals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 02:15:08 am »
I hate feeling like I'm the only one that uses her (and CanadianBaconz).
I am le sad.

Edit: Also woohoo Kung and Jefailey changes! I feel like Stream is going to be the new nightmare matchup, though... We'll see, we'll see.

King9999

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 08:20:31 am »
I don't even know how I'm going to deal with Stream now.  Can't let him get kick factor.
PSN & Steam ID: mmking9999 (IGN is King on Steam)
Main: Kung Pao
Sub: S-Kill

lenz

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 08:21:21 am »
@Keits, do we get an option to play the vanilla edition?
Local-only is fine.

Jebailey

• Administrator
  • Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 09:52:09 am »
I've Said it before, and I'll say it again.

JEFAILEY IS READY!!!!!!!!!!

-G-

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 09:54:54 am »
Allow me to add my two-cents as I, along with many others, had a chance to thoroughly play the balance patch while helping IG test it a couple weeks ago. Hopefully I can alleviate some of your concerns and fears.

Overall, the game is a lot more fun. Yes, everyone seems really, super, stupid powerful but just keep in mind that if everyone is super powerful, then that's a form of balance.

Stream's MMM (Mini Monster Missiles) may seem broken, but they're very easy to get around. The hitbox for the missiles is only in the tip of the mini-Stream's feet, so you can actually land or jump through the body itself and still be safe.

S-Kill is still really good. The parry is still a parry and is still going to result in a KO if you land it. It's just not nearly as safe and easy to throw out anymore. You're gonna have to use it like an actual parry. As for his movement, he's a lot more fluid and its easier to control him. With all of these adjustments, it also doesn't feel like you were cheated out of a victory because you played an S-Kill; when you lose, you understand why and what you need to do to overcome it.

New Baz is A LOT of fun to play as. I may pick him up as a secondary main. It really feels natural and Bazkousen as an air-special feels perfect. He builds meter like a monster. You have enough meter for a single Bazkousen simply by jumping, hitting the minimum kick height, Kick, Dive (cancel swing), Kick, Dive (cancel swing), land. That takes about half a second, if that. Throw in the Dive gem for even faster results. Vary how long you hold the Kick button to keep your opponent guessing. If they try to encroach upon you while you're building meter, let a Kick fly and catch them in the jaw or use the full swing to get distance. No one can catch New Baz after he swings.

I promise that this build is much more balanced than Vanilla Divekick. Our test group, consiting of top players like Kerahime, Mundungu, Ronaldo, HeroicLegacy, and others all agreed that most of the matches feel very 5-5 or 6-4. Hell, even Jefailey v Shoals I think we tagged as a 3-7 (as opposed to the 1-9 that it was).

TL;DR - Everyone is fair, nothing is broken. Try out Divekick AE when it drops and you'll be thoroughly impressed. The game feels fresh and new once more. ;D

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 10:17:27 am »
Questions:
  • What were testers' opinions on Markman? Passive Search->Kickbox was the go-to strategy, I presume?
  • Dr. Shoals with Meter gem, Kickfactor rush: yay or nay?
  • Did Kerahime keep on spamming his meter-killing plink-kicks while the test was on?
DKAE's Shoals is different, that's cool! DFA double cancels are to be a common thing.

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:37 am »
I do hope we can get a patch toggle switch. The Baz will be gone forever long... There is a LOT of things I was using for my divekick comic series (Baz stance Kenny.... RIP).

On a side note,, it's going to be good to be able to use air specials with my two main characters, Dive and Redacted. I'm normally using them so I don't go into KF since they only rarely are useful as a save.
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez