Author Topic: Divekick AE+ Balance Changes EXPOSED!  (Read 4072 times)

Xaq

• Headshot
    • View Profile
Re: Divekick AE+ Balance Changes EXPOSED!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 04:16:36 am »
The main thing was him not being able to play runaway as effortlessly, as well as a longer window to press before he even has Bazkousen as an option.

I wouldn't be suprised if he's top 3 though!

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 03:59:43 pm »
In other news, the regulating "double" meter of first kick bug is still present, and still renders the Style Gem redundant.

6 kicks to first air special, 13 to use two consecutively.

The only matchups this meter change is going to be especially noticeable in will be characters with a strong vertical presence ala Redacted and Dr. Shoals. Other matchups will not suffer dramatically.

BFS

• On a Rampage
  • One-Trick Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 01:22:24 pm »
Don't forget the S-Kill matchup. With lightning requiring more kicks and costing more that makes trick a viable tool in the matchup.
Silly rabbit, tricks are for S-Kills.

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »
Trick requres farming too. Actually, Trick still requres at least 2x more farm than Bazkousen, so I guess this matchup won't change too much.

BFS

• On a Rampage
  • One-Trick Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 10:24:01 pm »
I think it does change the matchup, because now S-Kill has a bigger window to try and trick the baz without him just spamming bazkousen and getting free rounds after 2 swings. It makes trick a viable tool because you can actually hit it now.
Silly rabbit, tricks are for S-Kills.

Terotrous

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 01:32:18 am »
Looks like I need to get working on updates to my guide.  I'm sad to see that Markman is likely still trash tier though.  Oh well, Johnny is probably the new Markman.

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 05:35:25 am »
Thoughts on changes:
  • Jefailey's charge speed nerf is noticeable, especially in range 1 exchanges.
  • Kick gets in KF more often now, that feels good. His KF is still among the best!
  • Stream's reduced kick speed makes difference. Kick gem is more important than ever!
  • Baz' meter gain and Bazkousen' cost increase make Baz a lot weaker. His Shoals and N matchups suffered a lot.

Terotrous

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 01:01:52 am »
Okay, guide changes are nearly done, though I'd like to confirm with the PS3 version to make sure there aren't any differences between the two like there were last time.  Does anyone know when it's coming out?

Terotrous

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 03:21:17 pm »
PS3 version went up yesterday.  Seems consistent with Steam this time, so I submitted my guide updates.

Diveby

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 04:21:45 pm »
I've noticed that Disqualification instantly drains Gat's meter instead of over a short period, so he can't squeeze in one last special and swing the game like S-Kill and Baz might with Trick or Bazkousen. Likely an oversight, since no one else seems to have changed. Still, I'd eat some more nerfs just to have instadrain on everyone.

Edit: though it occurs to me that this may only be graphical, and the meter only appears to drain instantly. Guess I'll test that when I'm home again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:27:35 pm by Diveby »