Author Topic: Jefailey Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic  (Read 5558 times)

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
Re: Jefailey Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 12:04:19 am »
Jafailey has a half second delay

Mr. N, Dive, Kick, Dact, Pow, and Markman have no delay as you can press dive or kickback the second one pixel of your foot is on the gorund.

What even the heck are you talking about?

I recorded some 60fps footage of divekick and looked at it frame by frame. Kick has a three frame period before he can jump after landing. So does S-Kill. So does Markman (will cause backstep with specific timing, of course.) And so does Jefailey. Kicking in the air doesn't change this, except that Jefailey happens to have a different landing animation if he kicked vs if he didn't.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:18:05 pm by Adelheid »

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 11:37:55 am »
Jefailey does not need an additional boost to dive height/speed with each increase in head size. It's already a lot stronger than people seem to give it credit for, if it was any stronger Jefailey would be completely ridiculous. He'd be moving at Redacted-level speed and height with a far superior kick.

He needs a way to defend himself against his hard counter-picks, but that's not the way to do it. Give him something to make Shoals and S-Kill not completely hopeless and he becomes an amazing character.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

CancR

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 12:52:48 pm »
the buffs are in order of priority. I'd rather see the first two soon and the third not at all then all three some time off in the future.

Jafailey has a tech ive been working on where he can use the timmer scam unreactable, but because this takes such exact timing, and the cost for timer scam is so high, and the fact that any character that jumps higher then Jafailey (which is most) can easily string together headshots  making getting that much meter near impossible.

Terotrous

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »
I actually wish yolo didn't grow his head, it goes against the play nature of the gem itself.
I totally agree with this, and I think this one change would make Jefailey viable.  I also feel this is contradictory to both the nature of the gem and the character.  Jefailey's head grows when he gets wins, but at the start of the match when the opponent has YOLO gem, he doesn't have any wins, so his head should be normal size.  YOLO gem also shouldn't ever be the best pick in any given situation, as it's supposed to be a cocky callout gem.

I feel that really, the problem is actually the way YOLO gem works.  Rather than giving your opponent four filled circles, it should just reduce the number of circles they have to 1.  It's also not really a "choke" if you pull off a win with the YOLO gem, and I don't feel it should call you a fraud if you lose, either, those are just consequences of how it currently works.  If you win with YOLO gem, it should say something like "WHAT A CALLOUT" or "EXPOSED" because it's all about disrespecting your opponent.  Similarly, if you pick YOLO and lose on the first round it should probably say "WHAT AN IDIOT" or something like that.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• On a Rampage
  • VIDEO GAMES ARE HARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 04:53:16 pm »
and I don't feel it should call you a fraud if you lose, either,

Nah, if you're ballsy enough to use the YOLO gem and then lose the first match, you are a fraud.

Tipzntrix

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 03:17:36 pm »
What if Jefailey leaned his head backwards a little instead of forward when concussed?  Maybe even just having it straight up like Mr. N would work.  It would fix the Shoals matchup because when she comes down on a concussed Jefailey, he wouldn't turn around and lean into her kick when she goes over his head.

Alternatively, when he gets headshot, you kick all the air out of his inflated head (ego) or maybe just take it 1 level down.

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 11:32:32 pm »
I suggested that Jefailey have a boost in his kickback distance. For Yolo Shoals, I feel you should go Dive gem. Since kick won't do crap and going Yolo is just admitting defeat (too baller for me).

If he had a stronger kickback, I think these matches would even out. It would definitely affect Shoals first kick. It would make his strong matches even better (which will always be a factor in any boost/nerf suggestion).
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 06:17:10 am »
Word from Keits is he's planning to have YOLO Gem not grow Jefaily's head.

Rett

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 08:50:11 pm »
I think it would help if Jefailey couldn't get chain concussed, ie, if he gets headshot while concussed, next round, he wouldn't start in concussion. Too many characters can chain headshots on him too easily and lock down the match. Call it "Thick-headed" or "Knocking Sense into Jefailey" or something else as ridiculous.

Although that would probably just make it so the optimal strat then becomes to headshot him right as concussion ends, so maybe a longer grace period would work.

Might be a horrible idea, but one i've been pondering for awhile.

Brikmaethor

• Multikill
  • Thinking with portals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 09:25:45 pm »
Perhaps, instead of granting him immunity from further headshots, a headshot simply shrunk his head one size? It's pretty embarrassing to be hit in the noggin, so surely such an occurance would deflate his ego. If he won a subsequent round, his head could grow to the size it would have been had he not been headshot. This maintains the double-edged sword aspect of his head gimmick (though if you ask me, said sword is much sharper on the edge that faces him) while reducing the impact of the crushing blow that is getting headshot after winning four rounds.

RorschachDM

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 10:10:24 pm »
Perhaps, instead of granting him immunity from further headshots, a headshot simply shrunk his head one size? It's pretty embarrassing to be hit in the noggin, so surely such an occurance would deflate his ego. If he won a subsequent round, his head could grow to the size it would have been had he not been headshot. This maintains the double-edged sword aspect of his head gimmick (though if you ask me, said sword is much sharper on the edge that faces him) while reducing the impact of the crushing blow that is getting headshot after winning four rounds.

This one makes so much sense. Hopefully they don't follow through with the whole "Jefailey is just a joke character" thing...
Main: Kick
Planning to learn: Uncle Sensei

SteamID: DMSHAA
Steam Name: RorschachDM
PSN: RorschachDM

Check out the Online Events section of the forums!

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 12:35:17 am »
Perhaps, instead of granting him immunity from further headshots, a headshot simply shrunk his head one size?

WOW. Best suggestion ever! +1 for sure.

... and yet Mr. N has a neckpillow...
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez

SuccinctAndPunchy

• On a Rampage
  • VIDEO GAMES ARE HARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 02:55:26 am »
Perhaps, instead of granting him immunity from further headshots, a headshot simply shrunk his head one size?

This here is a winning idea.

Tipzntrix

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 05:31:37 am »
Alternatively, when he gets headshot, you kick all the air out of his inflated head (ego) or maybe just take it 1 level down.

I am so sad now

Brikmaethor

• Multikill
  • Thinking with portals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 05:50:26 am »

I am so sad now
Goodness, I didn't even see that. Sorry man. :/