Author Topic: Jefailey Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic  (Read 5540 times)

MushroomGas

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
Re: Jefailey Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
I think Jefailey could use something that helps him approach his opponent while in Kickfactor. Even a kickback into a kick at minimum height makes him travel quite a distance, and makes it very easy for Mr. N to get simple kills against a kickfactor Jefailey. I think Redacted and Dive enjoy this advantage as well, but I'm not sure. You just have to stand at fullscreen distance and kill him when he kicks forward.

I think it would be cool to replace the timer scam with something similar to Dive's Parabolic Arc- some sort of hop forward- that is a lot shorter and less extravagant. It could cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 33% so you can only use two maximum while in kickfactor.

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 05:57:51 pm »
As The Baz, I actually like Jefaily being in Kickfactor over him not simply because it makes his movement so much less tight and so much more predictable.

It is incredibly easy to predict and punish a kickfactor Jefaily.

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 06:40:48 pm »
It's nice for catching people off guard right after entering it, killing concussed people, or scamming for 4 seconds.  I agree that neutral + KF seems worse than neutral, so I'll have to start just timer scamming to get rid of KF in that situation.

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:06 pm »
I think Jefailey could use something that helps him approach his opponent while in Kickfactor. Even a kickback into a kick at minimum height makes him travel quite a distance, and makes it very easy for Mr. N to get simple kills against a kickfactor Jefailey. I think Redacted and Dive enjoy this advantage as well, but I'm not sure. You just have to stand at fullscreen distance and kill him when he kicks forward.

I think it would be cool to replace the timer scam with something similar to Dive's Parabolic Arc- some sort of hop forward- that is a lot shorter and less extravagant. It could cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 33% so you can only use two maximum while in kickfactor.

If  Redacted in the corner with meter for CB, she will easily counter the approach. It's gets a little rough for her in the dead zone if JF has the height and space on her.

I love Timer-Scam. It's fine as is. The only change I would like to see if head-deflation after a headshot and farther kickback. I would like for him to have a spinning drop kick (rolling dk) that would rotate his head under him on the start of the dk. I explained it to Sofaduel. Take his dk sprite, and rotate it along the X axix. His head would be under him from 30%~70% of his dk. I think only Markman in kickbox mode or a steam that was already dking would take advantage of the change. Pao an as well. This would buff him in low-height dks I believe based on the animation (potentially) but most likely buffs him in long range approach/escapes.
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez

Sofaduel

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »
I explained it to Sofaduel.
Confirming just 'cause I can.
Steam ID: Sofaduel