Author Topic: Jefailey matchup thread  (Read 5695 times)

Firebust

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM?
    • View Profile
Re: Jefailey matchup thread
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:49 am »
Jefailey is actually REALLY good if you win the first few rounds. If you've won 4 rounds your full charge kick can practically go across the entire map.
My faith in humanity is lost.

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:09 pm »
I haven't even played much but surely there must be some incorrect statements here.

First, a high charge kick released low to the ground should be able to toetap.  Second, S-Kill's parry comes out in front of his head so I would have thought a correctly spaced kick from height could go over it & land on S-kill.

Third, you don't actually have to land a kick to win a round.  If S-Kill doesn't jump (and therefore become vulnerable during his kick/fall frames), he's not taking the mid line off you any time soon.

Not trying to downplay how hard this match is, I'm guessing it's pretty insane at skilled levels.

It is actually possible for Jefailey to toetap S-Kill out of Parry, but it requires such specific spacing and charge time that going for it is incredibly, incredibly telegraphed. Jefailey's dropkick has a very large square hitbox which means it counts as hitting higher than it looks like for the purposes of being parried. The only time I've ever failed to parry it was when I spent awhile in versus mode with a friend just going for it trying to make sure it was not literally impossible. You can parry a lot of stuff it looks like you shouldn't be able to vs Jefailey, haha.

S-Kill's parry box is not "in front of his head." It's his entire upper body. You can't hit him from behind to stop it, you can't hit him at his belt to stop it. You have to hit his legs. Which is unrealistically difficult for Jefailey to do.

Now, I usually fraud the Jefaileys I fight, but I have dropped a few rounds. The bigger issue is that: For you, Kick Factor is a liability, because it makes it easier for me to parry you. You pretty much can't get rid of S-Kill's meter. And Trick is next to guaranteed against him. And every round you win its gets harder, because I have more meter to work with, you become even more vulnerable to trick, successive trick headshots become a thing, and it becomes even more impossible for you to hit me when I can't parry. That's the big issue, that it starts off probably Jefailey's second-worst matchup and just gets worse as you win.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:06:39 pm by Adelheid »

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:03 pm »
S-Kill has become something of a secondary character for me, I can confirm all of this. My S-Kill still needs a lot of work, and even then it's so easy to just sit on your ass and Parry everything Jefailey does for free head shots.

An S-Kill player with good fundamentals who goes straight to the line and sits there should never lose this match-up, as far as I'm concerned. It's far too easy for him to react to anything Jefailey could try to do to shut him down. I'm normally an advocate of "anything's possible if executed perfectly", but... when I play even competent Jefaileys with S-Kill I feel like I'm on cruise control. It's bad.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

Throwback

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 11:57:51 pm »
It just seems a little bit odd.  Jefailey has ways to force S-kill to jump.  He can build up disqualify or he can take the middle ground, forcing S-kill to attack.

But if it's not enough, it's not enough I guess.

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 09:53:20 am »
It just seems a little bit odd.  Jefailey has ways to force S-kill to jump.  He can build up disqualify or he can take the middle ground, forcing S-kill to attack.

But if it's not enough, it's not enough I guess.

Jefailey can't afford to hold the line since S-Kill will just build meter and Trick him to death.

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43:06 am »
I always go Skill gem with Jf. I really like him as a character. Him in KF is godlike and his skills are stupid good.
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez

CancR

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 01:22:25 am »
Unwinnable Jafailey match ups (when facing at least 150 pr/cr)

All of them.

Don't fret. Keits made a game that is reflective of how he is: cant win unless he has some sort of advantage from the off-set.

made for people who need the opponent to be handicapped from the off set by the same, and when I grilled him on Twitch he gave me the impression that it isn't going to change anytime soon.

MarcusSoul

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 11:05:58 am »
Is Jefailey really as bad as people have made him out to be in earlier posts or as the game has been out have people changed their mind at all? Because after watching King of Bums go to work with him I was just think to myself there is no way he is that bad lol.

CanadianBaconz

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:56 am »
He's not absolutely terrible, but he's got some stupidly broken matchup, like Shoalo.

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 02:03:48 pm »
Jefailey is actually REALLY good if you win the first few rounds. If you've won 4 rounds your full charge kick can practically go across the entire map.

In what matchup is a full screen kick going to do anything but get you bopped?

Firebust

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 08:36:57 pm »
In what matchup is a full screen kick going to do anything but get you bopped?

Welp I personally only play Jefailey on unranked for fun because i'm not great with him, but i've found that so long as you time it well it can kill them in the first few seconds of the round at full head size.
My faith in humanity is lost.

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »
Are you timing it so that they fall asleep waiting for you to charge your kick up?  :P

SuccinctAndPunchy

• On a Rampage
  • VIDEO GAMES ARE HARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 03:14:35 am »
Are you timing it so that they fall asleep waiting for you to charge your kick up?  :P

Play against 200 ping opponent, charge up kick to full on opposite side of screen so they're too scared to approach. Let 'er rip and boom, they can't react to it because of delicious latency.

A fool-proof strategy.