Author Topic: Two-Button Tuesdays- Seattle  (Read 8024 times)

DrUnK3nPaNdA

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
Two-Button Tuesdays- Seattle
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:45:31 pm »
I'm running a Divekick tournament every Tuesday night from 5:00pm onward at Game Gurus on 100th & Aurora. We've been generally running about 30 minutes to an hour of casuals followed by a double-elimination bracket. We've got sticks provided for all the Mr. N's out there.

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Two-Button Tuesdays- Seattle
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:56:23 pm »
Awesome! A live event thats actually in the same state as me! Id love to come over tonight or next week.
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 11:05:22 am »
Had a great time at Game Gurus last night. I look forward to going again next week. (hopefully Anime club wont be on the same day.)
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

RorschachDM

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 12:34:33 am »
Iona, where in WA are you? Are you on the Peninsula per-chance?

Hopefully I can make it one night soon! I have Tuesdays off. Fuck yes.
Main: Kick
Planning to learn: Uncle Sensei

SteamID: DMSHAA
Steam Name: RorschachDM
PSN: RorschachDM

Check out the Online Events section of the forums!

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:27:47 am »
I live over in Kirkland. Also, its kinda not Iona x3 Its Ion-alien, just Ion is fine though. If anyone there is also participating in the monthly tournament you are running, could we count matches in person towards the tournament? Just realized that Tuesday is way to late for the tourney, sorry!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:35:33 pm by Ionalien »
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

DrUnK3nPaNdA

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 03:01:00 am »
Had a great time at Game Gurus last night. I look forward to going again next week. (hopefully Anime club wont be on the same day.)

Glad to hear it. The buttons for my kick-box came today... so if I have a miraculous abundance of free-time this weekend I might even have it done to show off next Tuesday.

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:16:07 am »
That would be pretty awesome. 
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

Mutant_Molly

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 11:24:02 am »
I  am so making sure that I make it over there sometime. It sounds like a lot of fun!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:38:42 am by Mutant_Molly »

Cosgrove

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:06:27 am »
I might make it if traffic and work plays nice.

DrUnK3nPaNdA

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 03:44:47 pm »
A word of warning to folks coming today, our usual 'Guy Who Brings the Computer We Play On' is uncertain if he'll be in this week (50/50 he says). If you have a laptop, consider bringing it so that we can run multiple matches. If you're making a long journey, I'd consider waiting for next week when we're more certain we'll have a proper setup to run an event.

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »
I will definitely be bringing my laptop (same one as last week, I will also have one extra controller) Ugh. I cant come, I'm really sorry!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:46:25 pm by Ionalien »
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

Mutant_Molly

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 07:56:12 pm »
Well looks like tonight may not be the night for me to head over there!

IF this class stuff works in my favor I'd LIKE to make it over there but if the class thing doesn't go in my favor there would be no way that I'd make it over there at an even decent hour (it'd be like 8 or so D:).

Plus the fact that it doesn't look like anyone else if going to show up I think I would rather wait for an evening when everyone is going to be there to hang out (and if I've got warning I could bring some stuff like another arcade stick and such).

I'll keep looking on here to keep up to date until I know if I'll make it or not.

Cosgrove

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 11:25:53 pm »
I had a fun time. Nine people showed up, and there were laughs and a bit of salt. It was nice that sticks were available; I didn't know if it was PC or PS3 and I only play with a controller. I'll try to show up next week if I'm not eaten alive by a pothole.

This game is a lot more fun in person than online, especially compared to people with bad connections and computers.

The room had a distinct lack of ventilation and I thought I was going to pass out, but whatever.

(Obligatory ego stroking moment: I won with Shoals and then Markman in grand finals, and only dropped one set. Plus, that was my first ever tournament and the first time I played DK with a stick.)

RorschachDM

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 01:03:32 am »
I really want to go but I have class at 5 on Tuesdays. I might have to skip a class. ;)
Main: Kick
Planning to learn: Uncle Sensei

SteamID: DMSHAA
Steam Name: RorschachDM
PSN: RorschachDM

Check out the Online Events section of the forums!

DrUnK3nPaNdA

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 03:25:00 pm »
I had a fun time. Nine people showed up, and there were laughs and a bit of salt. It was nice that sticks were available; I didn't know if it was PC or PS3 and I only play with a controller. I'll try to show up next week if I'm not eaten alive by a pothole.

This game is a lot more fun in person than online, especially compared to people with bad connections and computers.

The room had a distinct lack of ventilation and I thought I was going to pass out, but whatever.

(Obligatory ego stroking moment: I won with Shoals and then Markman in grand finals, and only dropped one set. Plus, that was my first ever tournament and the first time I played DK with a stick.)

Yeah, the game is a ton more fun in person and you don't have to deal with the awful lag issues you get online. I'll see to making you drop a couple more sets next week.

My Baz has a few new surprises I think you'll find... Shocking.