Author Topic: Two-Button Tuesdays- Seattle  (Read 7571 times)

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Two-Button Tuesdays- Seattle
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 12:03:23 am »
I agree, the game is WAY more fun in person, even if online was entirely lag free, being able to sit next to them while playing is just so fun. Also I will be taking the bus up there this coming Tuesday, so I will be a tad late, but I am bringing two friends as well.
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

Cosgrove

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 03:38:36 am »
I had a fun time. Nine people showed up, and there were laughs and a bit of salt. It was nice that sticks were available; I didn't know if it was PC or PS3 and I only play with a controller. I'll try to show up next week if I'm not eaten alive by a pothole.

This game is a lot more fun in person than online, especially compared to people with bad connections and computers.

The room had a distinct lack of ventilation and I thought I was going to pass out, but whatever.

(Obligatory ego stroking moment: I won with Shoals and then Markman in grand finals, and only dropped one set. Plus, that was my first ever tournament and the first time I played DK with a stick.)

Yeah, the game is a ton more fun in person and you don't have to deal with the awful lag issues you get online. I'll see to making you drop a couple more sets next week.

My Baz has a few new surprises I think you'll find... Shocking.

INCOMING GROUND SPECIALS

...But yeah, I'll eventually guess wrong a bunch of times and get frauded. RPS and all that stuff.

I agree, the game is WAY more fun in person, even if online was entirely lag free, being able to sit next to them while playing is just so fun. Also I will be taking the bus up there this coming Tuesday, so I will be a tad late, but I am bringing two friends as well.

Yay, more fresh meat!

I'll try to bring my crappy old controller if anyone else prefers it, but I'm not sure if it'll whine about drivers and other dumb stuff.

If work and traffic doesn't suck me in, my ETA is 1745.

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 01:50:01 pm »
I should be able to convince my friend to bring a Ps3 controller, in addition to my laptop that I will be bringing.
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

DrUnK3nPaNdA

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »
After being sick for over a week (I went full retard and just tried to go to work anyway the whole time.) I have returned to the land of the living. All Tuesday events involving two-buttons are a go this week. Though, sadly, I got no practice leading up to today.

Hopefully Cosgrove won't use the Shun Goku Satsu on me and kill my soul again this week.

Additionally, regarding the 'lack of ventilation.' I'm just going to kick that dude out if he does that again. Grown-ass men should know how to shower. I just wanted to confirm with my boss that it was cool to do so (kick out the stinky dude, that is...)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:26:42 pm by DrUnK3nPaNdA »

Ionalien

• Multikill
  • The One True Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 03:47:26 pm »
I am really excited to get there this time. Been practicing online and off, and I am ready to get 11th place out of 9. Letsa go! Also did you have any luck with the Kickbox?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:49:36 pm by Ionalien »
Ion Kenny is best Kenny

Mutant_Molly

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »
I am going to try to be there tonight (again, I know. The word 'try' keeps appearing in here). All things permitting I hope to be there and get to play. And don't worry Ionalien, I'll probably just get a 'good job, you tried' score lol.

RorschachDM

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »
How late does this usually run?
Main: Kick
Planning to learn: Uncle Sensei

SteamID: DMSHAA
Steam Name: RorschachDM
PSN: RorschachDM

Check out the Online Events section of the forums!

DrUnK3nPaNdA

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 05:25:24 pm »
The bracket usually wraps up in an hour and a half. We'll be around for more casuals after that this evening it sounds like. We close at 9, but I can keep the store open a bit later if people are still hype for more Divekicking.

Mutant_Molly

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 07:48:17 pm »
Well, missed the first ferry but we are on our way at least! I think the ETA is between 6 and 630. See you all when we get there. : )

Cosgrove

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 02:12:30 am »
My reign of lame continues! I rolled the dice against Baz twice and lucked into a few headshots. I also lucked out real hard against the Kick player after repeatedly whiffing from baiting into the Shoals dead zone.

There were 10(?) people and a few newcomers, I think. Having the two extra laptops was really nice, and I could actually breathe in the room! The post-tourney lame-off with Molly was fun as well.

Also, the owner's dog didn't gnaw on my ankles, which was cool.

Good games, North Korea didn't nuke Seattle, and fun times. Plus I drank grape juice on the drive home.

RorschachDM

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:49 pm »
GGs to all! It was great fun, even if there were a bunch of Shoals players. ;)

Mutant_Molly

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 02:02:30 am »
Had a TON of fun at the tournament Tuesday. There were a lot more people than I expected and everyone was really cool.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have NO brain to mouth filter most of the time (and that's without coffee, on a good day). I forget that text is my filter system and that doesn't work in person. Hope I wasn't super obnoxious.  :-[

Cosgrove

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 10:10:15 pm »
I wasn't going to bring it up at first, but since you did it for me, I was highly offended by your brash demeanor!

I'll let it slide this time. If it continues, I'll be tempted to politely ask you to tone down the hostility!

Moonbeams

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »
I need to do this sometime. Is it every Tuesday?

RorschachDM

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 12:01:12 am »
Damn it Moonbeams. Me and Molly show up for our first time and THEN you decide to go. ;)