Author Topic: AE Jefailey discussion  (Read 1406 times)

Diveby

• Multikill
    • View Profile
AE Jefailey discussion
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:33:19 am »
Thought I'd re-open discussion on our favorite Jefailure.

Love him to bits. Where my filthy casual distance and timing sense would have me mash out a short-falling kick, his mighty dropkick covers that distance instantly, and anyone who respects my space in the slightest lets me get all the reach I could want. Kickback-kicks require only one press of a button to fall upon jebaited heads. Timer Scam wins and dropkicks from full height are the greatest thing ever. When our powers combine, I become... slightly competent.

Two questions to start with: how do you make use of KF, and how do you deal with Shoals? I dislike both , but I don't try to avoid the latter.

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
Re: AE Jefailey discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 02:34:40 am »
Jefailey vs Dr. Shoals is 5-5. I don't see (and never did) this match-up as a terribly one-sided one. It never favoured Shoals, actually; people were too scared to man up and not hold K until they die (and the infamous Shoals wasn't a counterpick at all - you answer with of yours and SHE GON').
 Jefailey players' problem was their wrong mindset, good thing this ceases to exist little by little. Holding K for 5 seconds and then wait for your opponent to make a move only works until a certain point and only against certain characters. Stop doing that and you're golden.

Dr. Shoals: it's very hard to use reset-oriented playstyles against Jefailey due to his horizontal kicking position and an unusual hurtbox. I'd guess Meter gem Shoals and "Surgical approach" Capconian/Asminthe styles would work better, but that's up to them to decide. Kickback more, use D~holdK a lot, don't absentmindedly charge your shit.

KF: love it, embrace it, adore it. Hands down the strongest Kickfactor of the game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:51:12 am by Sergeoff »

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:10:40 am »
Really? I always found his kickfactor actively bad to have and tended to avoid it unless I'm rushing down a concussed opponent.

Laitome

• Multikill
  • gotta be #1 in at least something
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:52:28 am »
I find that while jefailey is better he certainly still has a lot of bad MUs. Shoals isn't one of them.

Jefailey has to change tactics as his head grows so here is what I do against shoals for each head size.

0-1 wins: get under shoals and be aggressive. Do low drop kicks constantly. Once you manage to get under her it becomes easy just keep kicking under her and get kick factor and chase her down. This is the easiest part for jefailey.

2 wins: this is the hardest part for jefailey because he can't jump to match shoals and his head is too big to safely get under her. Try to bait her or get kf and rush her down. From this point onwards a single head shot could spell doom to you so be careful.

3-4 wins: if shoals picked dive gem than for win three use the tactics mentioned above for win 2. If not then these two are virtually identical. So congrats you can now match shoals in jump height hold charge and wait for the opportunity to just jump up and release to claim your victory.  DO NOT BUILD METER WITH 4 WINS IT IS VERY EASY FOR SHOALS TO PUNISH. Other than that you should be fine at this point.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:48:38 pm by Laitome »
"Why the hell is he flying LIKE THAT?! WHAT THE HELL! IS THAT A GLITCH!" -Jebailey