Author Topic: Mr. N's Specials  (Read 1811 times)

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
Mr. N's Specials
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:51:32 pm »
Created that one since we still don't have a dedicated GTFO/Marneto usage thread.

Marneto:
  • Plinkneto (K~D) | Usage: moves you a tiny bit forward, resets fall, interrupts higher dives, has a kick frame (can hit enemies right below).
  • Marneto Jump (DK, release D, tap D) | Usage: dodging high kicks (Dr. Shoals, Uncle Sensei), fine-tuning own high kicks, going up out of a descending Marneto.
  • Kickbackneto (KB, K~D) | Usage: stops backwards motion you get from kickbacks.
  • Marneto out of Oil: stops Mr.N's forwards float (if he dives).
GTFO:
  • ???

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. N's Specials
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:33:59 pm »
GTFO invincible startup frames in AE let you pray2win. I found some videos of praying2win, but most of them didn't focus on the use of invincible frames on Yoshi's roll to go through huge attacks.

demeteloaf

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:18:16 am »
GTFO:

Hilariously run away from a horizontally kicking Stream.

(Also, has some legitimate positioning uses)

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 02:30:02 am »
(Also, has some legitimate positioning uses)

Let's talk a bit more about those. I'm pretty sure GTFO can be used as a landing lag remover as well as Kung Pao's Spin analogue. It doesn't feel all that reliable, however. Any pointers on how to use it efficiently?

Plinkneto may be used at 3 kwom, by the way (as well as Shoals' no-meter kick aka Kerahime Drain).

Fuzzmosis

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:35:52 am »
GTFO dodges Trick.

Landing and using it is something I'll be working on, as the only trick is one Mushroom used, if done upon landing he won't change directions, so you can GTFO and run towards your opponent if you kick over them and GTFO immediately upon landing.

Not great for dodging footsies, since kickback/kick will earn you a kick instead of a reposition.

You basically use it to shake up positioning in other situations. If they expect you coming in at a certain angle, GTFO will change that angle and allow the above bait quite often.

With the speed increase and invincibility, possibly going to be a lot more uses.

-G-

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 09:30:13 am »
GTFO is used for fine-tuning your spacing. Spacing is everything for Mr. N in a lot of matches.

Use it to dodge punishes for over-extending yourself. Use GTFO right as you land to cancel landing animation and immediately move backwards. GTFO in AE has full-body invincibility (except for head) upon startup.

GTFO xx Kickback, K to punish certain attacks where Kickback, K would not work by itself.

Perfectly timing GTFO will dodge Trick. Still tough to do because, you know, S-Kill...

Mr. N's hurtbox during GTFO only applies to the front half of his body. His back is completely invincible.

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:43:20 pm »
I would think with the couple of invincible frames it could be used to negate some toetap situations.  Would probably need great reaction speed to do it regularly, but I'd admire/fear the one(s) with that twitch reflex.

Fuzzmosis

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:56:31 am »
I do intend on practicing that, since toe taps against Kick/Dive don't seem to be any weaker. I imagine S-Kill will have fewer now that you can see where he's going and his kick speed is bad.

Also, it may let N actually get away from a Kung Pao.

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 01:08:55 pm »
I do intend on practicing that, since toe taps against Kick/Dive don't seem to be any weaker. I imagine S-Kill will have fewer now that you can see where he's going and his kick speed is bad.

Also, it may let N actually get away from a Kung Pao.

Keep in mind, while we can see S-Kill now, he had 7(!!!) frames removed from his jump(Not in Boss Mode).  Technically that should make him a LOT faster(Technically, not actually), and would make GTFO that much more valuable for avoiding those god damn light speed toe-taps that happen every now and then.

Fuzzmosis

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:01:46 pm »
It just turns the matchup a bit more like the one against Stream. You don't act deep (Kick in) until the double jump where you're not going to land in an unreactable position. Stream players will tell you, double jumping straight up against a Mr. N will very rarely work in your favour.