Author Topic: Any feedback on AE Dive?  (Read 1583 times)

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
Any feedback on AE Dive?
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:31:25 am »
How's the character so far, Divekickers? Do you still play him? Is he still in top-5? How do you feel about his new ability to use Velocity out of a kick?

4Leaf

Re: Any feedback on AE Dive?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:18:15 am »
Gonna write a guide on him today or tomorrow and post the link on the Dive thread. It's been quiet since September 2013.

It's just as they say - he is the Ryu of DiveKick: AE. Versatile, requires solid fundamentals to play effectively, and simple but really flexible specials.

MikeIsMyIke

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:44:12 pm »
He still fairly solid. Makes for a good second to round out particular bad match ups.

Velocity is much more useful now and can make for some fun baits, but its something you probably should only bust out once a game to keep your opponent on their toes rather than relying on it. Same goes for Parabolic Arc.

jime701

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
He can still build meter extremely well.

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:12:30 am »
No, you ruined it. Dive forum was going to be vintage soon.

Diveby

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
Something I seldom see across all characters is kickback into air special, which I'm experimenting with as an off-brand GTFO. After all the time I've sunk into Kick, Dive's kickback feels like such s huge floaty commitment. I just want to move back a little bit and be ready to act again.