Author Topic: Hitboxes/Latency/Priority  (Read 1551 times)

Fuzzmosis

• Multikill
    • View Profile
Hitboxes/Latency/Priority
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:02:55 pm »
Heyo All

A rather low skill Mr. N only player here (Best rank ever was 8th when the game just came out, now hovering comfortably around 50-70) who only finds the game fun when going aggressive. Which probably means I chose the worst possible main, but I digress.

Has anyone else had some really weird hitbox issues, where foot on foot contact, even when you're above your opponent, results in your loss? I just lost to a Stream where I kicked his ankle, but the game awarded the win to him. It's making me more and more worried about engaging in air footsies with anyone, since Mr. N seems to have some really odd priority issues. That or I'm just laggy and bad, always a good explaination.

Though of course, when playing Mr. N, even if you lose, at least in my case, I'm giggling. Just curious if other Mr. N players have noticed the odd priority sometimes.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• On a Rampage
  • VIDEO GAMES ARE HARD
    • View Profile
Re: Hitboxes/Latency/Priority
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »
Has anyone else had some really weird hitbox issues, where foot on foot contact, even when you're above your opponent, results in your loss? I just lost to a Stream where I kicked his ankle, but the game awarded the win to him. It's making me more and more worried about engaging in air footsies with anyone, since Mr. N seems to have some really odd priority issues. That or I'm just laggy and bad, always a good explaination.

Mr. N kicks with his back foot and not his front,  you might not actually be kicking his ankle but he'll probably be kicking you in the front leg because his hurtbox is slightly further back on the character than you might think it is.

It also goes both way, because I've had Mr. N score hits and headshots that have been absolutely nowhere goddamn near me or my head, shit's wack yo.

Fuzzmosis

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »
Aye, it can happen I suppose.

I literarily kicked right through a Shoals as she changed kick angles. This again meant that I didn't kick her, but she kicked me. Another random frustration. Get in great position, punish, but the game just decides to take it away.

It seems... just right to complain as Mr. N though.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• On a Rampage
  • VIDEO GAMES ARE HARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »
seriously what the fuck is this shit

THAT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE COME ON NOW

Fuzzmosis

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 04:55:02 pm »
I think we're talking about different things.

You're challenging headshot hitboxes. Ask Jefaily about his kick sometimes. I've been headshotted with feet outside my model many times. Tiger Kneed perhaps?

I mean situations where N is on top, and his foot hits from the top and just... loses for it. Some situations that shouldn't even be a double KO that turn into a single KO. May just be lag, but in a game where every frame counts, it's really noticable and annoying.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• On a Rampage
  • VIDEO GAMES ARE HARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »
Ask Jefaily about his kick sometimes. I've been headshotted with feet outside my model many times. Tiger Kneed perhaps?

Yeah, Jefailey has a hurtbox on like most of his leg.

then3xus

• Total Domination
  • Download Complete!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 10:24:19 pm »
seriously what the fuck is this shit

THAT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE COME ON NOW
That looks like a pixel perfect headshot.