Author Topic: AE Redacted Discussion Thread  (Read 3157 times)

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
AE Redacted Discussion Thread
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:07 pm »
What do you people think about the changes to Redacted in Addition Edition. She seems pretty broken to me with those new wall cling capabilities and feral stance. I get the impression that she'll be flying all over the top of the screen and nailing headshots like no tomorrow.

jime701

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
Re: AE Redacted Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »
She will be either 1 or 2 in this patch, with Mr. N being the only one that may be better.

Redacted is already a solid character, but when you give her air options, she gets the ability to go offensive more often, and even more of a defensive monster.

MCZ FiyahLiger

• Double Kill
  • Rawr goes the liger =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »
Messing with her in AE she's gonna be a monster. That mid-screen cornered beast is the best thing to give to her. she can get out of pretty much and bad situation now when applied right. I just need more time to figure out how to turn those into kills =P
Follow me on twitter @Fiyah_Liger #MCZ #Redacted

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 05:04:18 am »
One of the best, hands down. I'm surprised they kept cornered beast as cheap as they did. It's almost a new Feint, it's that good.

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:16:00 pm »
Is it possible for her to cling to the opposite wall via goofy-jumping? That'd be terrifying.

MCZ FiyahLiger

• Double Kill
  • Rawr goes the liger =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:42 pm »
Is it possible for her to cling to the opposite wall via goofy-jumping? That'd be terrifying.

Next time I get a chance to play ae I'm gonna try that first, if that works, all hell is going to break loose
Follow me on twitter @Fiyah_Liger #MCZ #Redacted

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 01:00:02 pm »
One of the best, hands down. I'm surprised they kept cornered beast as cheap as they did. It's almost a new Feint, it's that good.

I thought Cornered Beast costs more bar now?

Either way, it's still frightening.  The only thing making her not 1000% awesomer is that her kickfactor was slowed down a bit.\

I think new Markman can check her though(Due to feint's new angle and jawesome dragon kick/precision timer).

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 03:49:29 pm »

Next time I get a chance to play ae I'm gonna try that first, if that works, all hell is going to break loose

"If I remember correctly, you still go towards whichever wall you're closest to." -- G
Still good!

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 09:15:25 pm »
She will be either 1 or 2 in this patch, with Mr. N being the only one that may be better.

Redacted is already a solid character, but when you give her air options, she gets the ability to go offensive more often, and even more of a defensive monster.

This.

I'm looking forward to being called a top-tier whore now, lol.

Though to be honest, while the Cornered Beast re-work adds a whole new dimension to her gameplay, she's really only going to become as good as she is by virtue of every other better character getting worse. Dive no longer auto-wins as a result of Kickfactor, S-Kill doesn't get all the free Parry setups on her anymore on top of his readable movement, and Markman is so much slower now that his Search/Feint potential doesn't carry nearly as much weight as it used to.

Her trickiest match-up is going to be Mr. N. Stream is also on the table here because his new Kickfactor has some really nasty implications. Other than that she should have a good handle on the entire rest of the cast.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:24:25 pm by Argenrost »
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

jime701

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 09:46:20 pm »
Calling someone a tier whore doesn't really hold much value when that person has played that character all along. You get to reap the benefits of sticking with your character even when she wasn't top tier. Then she inevitably will get nerfed in the next patch. Such is the cycle of characters that spring to the top in a very quick manner.

demeteloaf

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »
Stream is also on the table here because his new Kickfactor has some really nasty implications. Other than that she should have a good handle on the entire rest of the cast.

From a Stream player, I think the double flame bait change is also going to hurt Redacted in this matchup.

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 03:21:31 pm »
Calling someone a tier whore doesn't really hold much value when that person has played that character all along. You get to reap the benefits of sticking with your character even when she wasn't top tier. Then she inevitably will get nerfed in the next patch. Such is the cycle of characters that spring to the top in a very quick manner.

Even if she does get nerfed, the only way a nerf would actually hurt her would be if it messed with her Feral Stance hitbox. I'd be pretty okay with anything else they may choose to do with her, lol. Cornered Beast straight up does not deserve to be as good as it is now.

From a Stream player, I think the double flame bait change is also going to hurt Redacted in this matchup.

Possibly, but I'm a lot more concerned about the fact that his new Kickfactor forces me to play more aggressively when that's not something I would generally prefer to do. He has tons of presence everywhere on the screen now with his new Kickfactor. I'd go so far as to say that he'll be the best character in the game when all the good Stream players learn how to maximize his BS.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK