Author Topic: Kickfactor Redacted  (Read 2900 times)

MCZ FiyahLiger

• Double Kill
  • Rawr goes the liger =^_^=
    • View Profile
Kickfactor Redacted
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »
So just wanna find out your thoughts on  redacted when in kickfactor?

What style of play do you use in kickfactor?

Do  you go full yolo mode?

More passive?

I've started to settle down more with her and try to press them into the corner, then wait for a commitment, if they don't commit there is a height I feel like she will hit just about anyone in kickfactor.

thoughts?
Follow me on twitter @Fiyah_Liger #MCZ #Redacted

FenixStryk

• Headshot
    • View Profile
Re: Kickfactor Redacted
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »
A good rule of thumb is to never go in blind or "All In". I do play much more aggressively when I'm in Kick Factor, but never to the point where I'm just hoping they either freeze up or mash when they see a red Red. More often, I close the distance and push them to the corner while looking for punish opportunities along the way. If they play perfectly and don't fall for baits... well, I can't say. You can try your luck with a short-hop Divekick into aimed Divekick, but against better players you might just want to go for Timeout if you can't line up an unreactable.

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:18:19 am »
I tend to make the mistake of going in hard far too frequently, but it's because I know that Kick Factor Redacted is extremely powerful. I'd argue it's the best Kick Factor in the game except for maybe Kick's.

Regardless of how good or bad the player is, I think playing too passively with Kick Factor is a waste of the incredible advantage you gain. I always push forward in Kick Factor because I want my opponent to feel the power I have; Redacted with Kick Factor has the potential to instantly end the game if you play it smart, especially if you start scoring head shots.

However, it is very easy to want to go full YOLO because you have so much power. Recently I think I've figured out a method to control this and still play aggressively.

1) Approach low to the ground at first (dive-kick, occasional kickback-kick if the opposing character is inherently aggressive).
2) When typically close enough for a potential hit outside of Kick Factor, dive and then aim for their kickback angle. A common response to fighting Kick Factor Redacted is to kickback-kick to counter overly aggressive approach, and most Redacted players who get too greedy fall for this trap. If you aim for their kickback angle, you counter the counter, so to speak. You often also cover for their normal dive height this way, with a very likely chance of scoring a head shot to boot. Even if you miss it's usually because you overshoot, but because you move so fast you can usually do an immediate dive-kick to pick up the round, depending on spacing.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:43:33 am »
I tend to make the mistake of going in hard far too frequently, but it's because I know that Kick Factor Redacted is extremely powerful. I'd argue it's the best Kick Factor in the game except for maybe Kick's.

>Talks about "Best Kick factor"

> Doesn't mention The Baz

But yeah, Redacted's Kick factor is amazing but it's easy to lose control and get yourself killed due to the speed. You just have to get used to controlling it so you don't run right into the opponents kick.

Most people tend to jump to her maximum dive height and kick straight down from up there but I think it's best to approach using divekicks close to the ground and only go really high when you have a guaranteed kill opportunity.

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 02:51:57 pm »
To be fair I wasn't thinking much about Baz at the time I wrote that post. But his is technically the best, minus the incredibly short duration.

@CasanovaSRK

CancR

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »
I dont like kickfactor expect against a handful of match ups, if I get it, I still play the same defensive style I do only adjust for the new height and speed.

Renaard

• Double Kill
  • Taking the worst decision possible, every round.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »
Kick Factor is useful with Redacted against a defensive opponent. Also, if you can get an headshot while in kickfactor, you can chain to another headshot if you're careful enough. Otherwise it's not really needed, and it's pretty hard to control.

Dingding

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 01:25:23 am »
Sometimes I manage to score 4 headshots in a row with one Kickfactor, other times I just get bodied for getting greedy like I always do :V

It's really, really powerful, if you can micromanage it well enough.  If you took the Kick gem you can use it to legitimately finish off people after creeping them into a corner.  Kickfactor with the Dive gem has always seemed pretty hard to control to me however and I feel like you can get punished really easily for sloppy jumps (especially vs. Kung Pao) so it might not even be wanted in some cases haha.  There's a use for Cornered Beast for you: I don't want no stinkin' meter!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:05:25 am by Dingding »

CWheezy

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:03 am »
I generally just use kick gem, and for me kickfator is almost totally useless and gets me killed.

The only thing it is good for is that people instinctively want to stop me building meter, so they do dumb things trying to stop me, when actually they shouldn't care at all lol
Check out my divekick stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/cwheezy

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 09:11:18 am »
Yeah, my opinion of Kickfactor Redacted is slowly changing. I still think it's extremely powerful, but... it's so overly difficult to control.

And I think you may be on to something with the variations between gem selection. Kick Gem seems to make for a more powerful Kickfactor; Dive Gem is important for certain match-ups, but Kickfactor seems to end up being much harder to control that way. The heavy speed increase also makes her kickback not as good in situations where it's necessary for counter-play, such as against Dive and Kick.

Fast D-K's and K-D's to approach low to the ground are super important here. If you can push them into the corner or react to them over-committing you can usually punish them consistently because of your speed. Good reactions make Kickfactor much more valuable than it would be otherwise, but... it's almost purely reaction-based.

@CasanovaSRK

MCZ FiyahLiger

• Double Kill
  • Rawr goes the liger =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 05:20:32 am »
I've actually found myself over jumping them a lot lately xD

idk I'm still trying to deal with it, I hate having kickfactor vs the baz though, always over jump him or jump into lightning x_x

I guess more patience is needed but also make you presence known by getting in their face and making them make a move first
Follow me on twitter @Fiyah_Liger #MCZ #Redacted

Dingding

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 02:13:03 am »
I've actually found myself over jumping them a lot lately xD

idk I'm still trying to deal with it, I hate having kickfactor vs the baz though, always over jump him or jump into lightning x_x

I guess more patience is needed but also make you presence known by getting in their face and making them make a move first

I definitely agree - we'll always need a silly amount of patience vs. The Baz while we're pressuring them into making a bad move to legitimately win the matchup.  Kickfactor just gives you way too much power in these kinds of matchups!  It's like having the lead in Chess and not knowing how to get a checkmate, it's infuriating sometimes.

I've been trying to get better at kickfactor Redacted but it's still really tough to control in an actual match.  It just takes enough getting used to I guess :V
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:31:33 pm by Dingding »

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:47 am »
I approach and try to get a HS. If it's getting dicey, I'll probably retreat with a 1 second of KF left and use Feral Stance to gain some free meter as KF ends.
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez