Author Topic: Feral Stance should have a lower requirement to use (rage post)  (Read 1113 times)

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
Feral Stance should have a lower requirement to use (rage post)
« on: October 01, 2013, 04:04:18 am »
It takes 3 kicks with or without skill gem to get Feral Stance. Has a debilitating effect on her as has the least effective tools to dodge or to enforce ground space. Matches can go by fast, and you might not get the opportunity to do 3 kicks. Being patient and playing footsies is pretty hard considering the small range  Redacted covers in a divekick or kickback and how much her head sticks out (or what is consider 'head' for a HS). If you don't have meter for FS and someone with even 55 degree kick angle kicks over your head and you don't jump, YOU WILL BE HEADSHOTTED. No one but Redacted and a large-headed Jefailey suffers this. I don't think it's good design for specific characters to be at a loss in a cross-up situation (given that inaction for other characters in the cast would not result in being KDed).

What this means is that I am really pressured to do 3 divekicks to get meter to compete. Redacted is pretty easily bullied if she can't use FS and would have fewer means to counter players (Redacted is mostly a counter character; she is trying to force errors or capitalize small windows.) FS equalizes Redacted headturn hitbox and acts as a counter to spacing her. Given that CB in non-screen-shifting situations if Redacted is away from a wall is unusable, and that she can't cover space well, she really needs to be able to have FS available earlier on. Redacted has the weakest kickback protecting in the game. I can aggressively play Redacted, but approaching is her weakest ability. There is a dead range where she can't reach someone, but they can reach her. It's a toss up for Redacted as being patient w/o FS will probably get you killed and trying to Dive/kickback with no kick is too telling to not be taken advantage of.

I wouldn't suggest making FS free to use... though that would be great, I do suggest that it take but 1 kick to become available. I don't care if it didn't build meter: THAT'S NOT WHAT THE MOVE IS FOR. While it is a benefit to be able to build meter, she still commits to a specific location to do it and, it is pretty moot given the low activation cost of CB.

---Edit---

Disregard this as I was going against Moonbeans and was pretty tired of trying to recover after being HSed or thinking I had meter for it (and obviously ignoring the indicators) when I didn't.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:49:38 pm by dawgpilez »
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Stance should have a lower requirement to use
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:06:54 pm »
Feral Stance is far too powerful to have absolutely no meter cost. Trust me. 3 kicks isn't that hard to get if you're patient.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Stance should have a lower requirement to use
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »
Which is why I didn't suggest that.

I think I was nit-picking and miffed when I was going against Moonbeans after being HSed. That, and I was further surprised as how useless skill gem is for anyone but Baz.
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Stance should have a lower requirement to use (rage post)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 02:22:19 am »
No, skill gem is useless for Baz too. It's useless for everybody, and activly bad for Shoals.