Author Topic: Kenny randomness. What kind of stance luck have you had?  (Read 2801 times)

EastGold

• Multikill
    • View Profile
Kenny randomness. What kind of stance luck have you had?
« on: August 23, 2013, 06:36:36 am »
I've had crazy stance luck with Kenny and I want to hear what kind of stance luck you've had. One time I got Redacted stance four times in a row. I also once got Baz stance went into kickfactor killed my opponent next round I was Jefailey then Baz again, in kickfactor the entire time. The weirdest was when I was playing against another Kenny, first round we were both Stream stance, second round we were both S-kill, and third round we were both Shoals. After that we got different stances.

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
Re: Kenny randomness. What kind of stance luck have you had?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:10:01 am »
I have been The Baz every round once. That was interesting.

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:45:33 am »
Usually I get Sensei, Stream and Shoals.  The triple S-factor there.

Redacted and Mr. N. pop up if I'm already winning for some reason.

However, if I'm in kickfactor, for some reason the game loves to reward me with Baz on the next round.

I also tend to get S-kill once or twice when I'm losing(But for some reason I get at least one kill with him).

I almost NEVER get Dive or Kick.

And the game loves to give me Kung Pao against characters she is bad against.

gryffinp

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »
Regarding The Baz...

On day one, not long after I had realized how much I liked Kenny, I got into a ranked match against a seemingly unremarkable Baz... Who then proceeded to pick The Yolo Gem.

So I paused. Considered my next move.

And then I yelled "LET'S GO!".

As soon as the round began, I immediately began mashing kick, because I knew, deep in my heart of hearts, what I had wrought.

...We managed to both get kick factor, and then fly around uselessly missing each other for about five seconds. Eventually I eked out a win with a corner trap.

And that's when I got the achievement for winning a ranked match with the Yolo Gem

KennyIsBestBaz

• Headshot
  • Heroic_Legacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »
I almost always get S-Kill on the winning round for me. And then I either lose, or my opponent doesn't know the matchup.

Otherwise I often end up with Mr.N and Stream the most.  I like Stream stance thanks to the glitchy jump I can use to time people over without them being able to hit me (Unless Baz be shockin me. That's unfortunate. :<)

I feel S-Kill and Sensei stance are the worst two stances with Shoals stance close 3rd. S-Kill stance is a wasted round and I can only do my best to time over and pray my opponent is not matchup savvy. Sensei Stance is horrible since the head is too exposed and it has pretty much no threat. It's just Red's stance but slower and worse hitbox. Shoals stance is fine if you can bait them into jumping midscreen randomly, but without Death From Above it becomes increasingly hard to place yourself where you need to be in order to hit someone who is on your tail. Sometimes Pulse is good for covering your bottom when you try to attack them but it definitely isn't as great as having actual flight stance to re-kick.
Kenny is the Best Baz

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »
You know what's bad?

I actually LIKE Kenny S-Kill now.  It's one of my favorite stances now, as strange as it sounds.  I have gotten it so often I feel like I've just about mastered it(Not saying much, it's still S-Kill stance on Kenny).

A lot of people, even good players, tend to get aggressive when they see a Kenny in S-Kill stance.  But it's still S-Kill, and he's still got the same exact ways to punish, with the added bonus of extra air time with Spirit Bullet, which I can cancel and not use any meter if I want to.

With people getting hyper aggressive at my Kenny S-Kill, I can either punish them, or play the line better than them thanks to spirit bullet.  And even if I double jump, as long as I have meter(And it's actually easy to build meter with S-Kill), I can give myself extra air time or spacing and punish if they try to kick at where I would have been.

Plus Kickfactor S-Kill stance is no joke, even on Kenny.

PS:  I only play Kenny with Kick gem.

KennyIsBestBaz

• Headshot
  • Heroic_Legacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16:54 pm »
But that's the thing. People SHOULD NOT get hyper aggressive against S-Kill stance. He doesn't even have trick to get to the line. People should just be waiting it out and punishing him on the way down since he can't even cancel to parry upon landing. It's super easy to stop him, just wait till people learn the matchup.
Kenny is the Best Baz

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 11:28:51 pm »
But that's the thing. People SHOULD NOT get hyper aggressive against S-Kill stance. He doesn't even have trick to get to the line. People should just be waiting it out and punishing him on the way down since he can't even cancel to parry upon landing. It's super easy to stop him, just wait till people learn the matchup.

I don't really mind it. Just get better s-kill fundamentals. S-Kill is capable of pressing an offense without specials. There are some matchups where not having parry or trick really sucks, like baz or dive, but there's plenty more, like shoals  or mr. n, where they aren't the reason he wins the fight.

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 04:03:43 am »
quick DDK's inch me forward while building meter, keeping me low enough to the ground that if they come at me in the opening moments of the match, they're getting punished.

Depending on matchup, Kenny S-kill is amazing, like on shoals as adelheid said.

And if people give me space to inch forward and build meter(I don't kickback until they get aggressive), they're going to eat a spirit bullet right before I hit kickfactor(so I have both at the same time).  If they aren't going to be aggressive, I am

The Dive matchup isn't bad at all for me in S-Kill stance(Dive is easy enough to read)But The Baz matchup is really bad unless I get into the stance with meter.  Other S-Kills are also weird if they have meter for trick(but in my favor if I have my bullet, though freezing them when they're mid teleport doesn't exactly work in my favor).

Redacted is actually a bit hard to kill with S-Kill stance if they know what they're doing, since the time it takes to kickback to the proper angle to hit redacted during her kick doesn't always work, since she falls SO FAST. 

Great stance to be in dazed, since you can get the reversal so easy if they jump right in on ya.

I really can't say anything bad about the stance.  Spirit bullet's interaction with the stance, and kenny's great hitbox make him good in the stance, no matter what others say.  (But it's not good against all matchups)

qazimod

• Headshot
  • Schadenfraud
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 07:26:42 am »
Kung stance was a brutal lesson in carelessness during the early meter-building of a round. Her more horizontal kick makes it too easy to just fly towards them accidentally and give them an easy win  :P
I requested a Superman colour for Mr. N after supporting the Kickstarter. Sorry :P

[X-Rok]

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:44:19 am »
Kung stance was a brutal lesson in carelessness during the early meter-building of a round. Her more horizontal kick makes it too easy to just fly towards them accidentally and give them an easy win  :P

it can work both ways, actually. i've gotten a few Kung-Kenny kills off the start of a round from opponents not ready for it either, especially in kickfactor.

as far as my stance RNG... over 500 matches, the most consecutive stances i've had has been 3. had a few 4+ stance games, but not consecutive. and i dont know if i'm just noticing because of how much of a pain they are to switch between, but it seems to be stream or jefailey most often. and i know i've had more than a few 3+ S-Kill games. as for rarer repeated draws... maybe Sensei? or Dive/Kick?

Firebust

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 12:06:46 am »
I always backstep at the beginning of the round with kenny because it gives away if you got Stream or S-kill. If that doesn't work then I always do a quick divekick close to the ground to see who I got. Does anyone else do something similar to see which stance they got, or do you just take a chance and go in attacking regardless of who you got?
My faith in humanity is lost.

Sofaduel

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 05:39:43 am »
I almost always kickback at the beginning of the round as well. The only exceptions are when I'm playing against a meter-hungry Baz (gotta rush 'em down, but not too haphazardly), or when my opponent's concussed and I feel pretty safe in advancing without knowing who I am. In the case of the latter, I'll sometimes wait for them to kickback first just to be safe.
I also pretty consistently (occasionally forget and move too soon) hold down the kick button at the start of the round to see if I'm Jefailey or not.
Steam ID: Sofaduel

Terotrous

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 11:28:59 pm »
Whenever I play Kenny, my stance distribution is this:

50% - Everyone else combined
50% - Stream

This is why I don't play him much.