Author Topic: Spirit Bullet Glitch Tech  (Read 1404 times)

minimatt

• Headshot
    • View Profile
Spirit Bullet Glitch Tech
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:09 am »
As a quick note, I haven't seen anything about this yet, so if somebody else found this first my apologies.

I started playing Kenny a lot with some local players after the patch, and was getting some really weird stuff to happen with spirit bullet. At first I thought Kenny was, for some reason, getting other character's specials, since I was seemingly able to instantly back kick in mark man stance and kick again. After experimenting, I figured out it was a coincidence that I was in mark man stance and that air spirit bullet just has some pretty interesting qualities/is bugged. Here's a small video showing off what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0K7YTjOIg

As you can see, Kenny can cancel a kick into Air Spirit Bullet, and then cancel out of the startup before it comes out and starts draining his meter. This means that as long as Kenny has enough meter for ASB, he has one free momentum cancel each dive, and effectively twice the amount of kicks. He can even do it after recovering from stream's goofy drill kick, as shown in the video, and kick again.

As for why It works, it's probably because air spirit bullet has no "cost" and just drains the meter as long as it is out. Because you can kick in and out of it, it just ends up being a free "stance cancel".

This is a pretty solid buff to Kenny, and I think there is a lot of depth to be explored with it.

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit Bullet Glitch Tech
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:41:43 am »
That is not a glitch but a deliberate buff to Kenny that was mentioned and showcased by Iron Galaxy back when they released the Addition Eddition patchnotes eSports Hour stream.

Kenny was always able to cancel his air special into a kick without actually firing it, but what he's capable of now is cancelling his kicks into the special, which is new. If you've ever played againt high-rated Dr. Shoals players, you could've noticed how do they change directions or prolong their kicks while in air, there's a whole playstyle devoted to that. And now Kenny can do the same (if he flies over opponent's head, he will be automatically turned towards his opponent to cast the special), which makes his Sensei, Dr. Shoals, and Stream stances ultra-scary when he's got that meter.

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:23:10 pm »
Dive, Kung, Mr. N, Jefailey, and Kenny have gained the ability to cancel kick into air special. Some of their air specials now cost more (Dive and Kenny??)

minimatt

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:39:38 pm »
That is not a glitch but a deliberate buff to Kenny that was mentioned and showcased by Iron Galaxy back when they released the Addition Eddition patchnotes eSports Hour stream.

Kenny was always able to cancel his air special into a kick without actually firing it, but what he's capable of now is cancelling his kicks into the special, which is new. If you've ever played againt high-rated Dr. Shoals players, you could've noticed how do they change directions or prolong their kicks while in air, there's a whole playstyle devoted to that. And now Kenny can do the same (if he flies over opponent's head, he will be automatically turned towards his opponent to cast the special), which makes his Sensei, Dr. Shoals, and Stream stances ultra-scary when he's got that meter.

Hahaha, well I'm dumb.

-G-

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:30:40 pm »
This is why Kenny is the best character in the game. He has Fly/Marneto whenever he has meter for Spirit Bullet and it's free if you cancel it in time.

slimeygrimey

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »
It's also worth adding that in stream stance at least, kenny is capable of cancelling into spirit bullet multiple times while in the air, allowing you to remain in the air indefinitely as long as you cancel the spirit bullet in time to save your meter.

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 04:26:26 pm »
It's also worth adding that in stream stance at least, kenny is capable of cancelling into spirit bullet multiple times while in the air, allowing you to remain in the air indefinitely as long as you cancel the spirit bullet in time to save your meter.
This bug will probably be fixed soon, so maybe it's best not to depend on it >_>

slimeygrimey

• Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 07:47:59 pm »
I just thought I would mention it since no one had here, wasn't sure if it was getting removed or not.  I doubt anyone could really abuse it since you need to have 2/3 meter and be in stream stance.  It can be pretty ridiculous when it does happen though.

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »
This is why Kenny is the best character in the game. He has Fly/Marneto whenever he has meter for Spirit Bullet and it's free if you cancel it in time.

I was waiting for someone else to say it before I chimed in. Kenny seems so incredibly scary right now.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 05:07:30 pm »
I was waiting for someone else to say it before I chimed in. Kenny seems so incredibly scary right now.
As someone who considered Kenny his sub character in vanilla, I wouldn't be so eager to call him top tier. Some of his stances are weaker than before since the bullet cost was increased and that, coupled with some characters getting stronger offensive mechanics (lookin' at you, MOBA lover) and others recieving buffs to their high-on meter abilities and Kickfactors (Stream pls), makes certain stances of his helpless at low meter. Without meter, stopping, say, Sensei from entering KF is much harder than it was before...
My point: if you're good with Kenny and you can get meter safely in most stances whilst being knowledgeable of all characters' basic footsies, you'll be a monster, BUT! Consider the following: some of stances' basic moves were nerfed too (Shoals, Markman, S-Kill (obv. debatable)), so the viability of new Kenny is still up in the air.

Top tier? Mr. N. I'm sorry to say that (plus, being a simple unskilled high score whore, I'm not in any position to trashtalk based gods like Mushroom and Fuzz), but Mr. N's potential isn't even close to being tapped [yay for MOBA references!] by players yet! 2 frame dodges and kick cancels are a monstrous feature.
People who master Dr. Shoals' resets and air mechanics will be gods too... I have a notebook where I keep my specials notes for Shoals; I have 12 entries with each having a list of characters it's useful against, standalone and combo meter requirements, min/max possible height, etc. If I wasn't such a dingus and mastered them, I would've been an absolute Divekick Daily champion by now! But that's obviously not possible because it requires a fuckton of work (I'm willing to share my deep(tm) knowledge (lel) though). So yeah - if people master Mr. N like that, he'd be the new S-Kill.

Thanks fo reading my rant :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:10:18 pm by Sergeoff »

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »
imo Shoals stance is an overall better stance now, while Markman stance is unfortunate and S-Kill stance is generally a round loss

Edit: hey pls teach me to play Shoals :DD

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 08:02:33 pm »
My character is sitting pretty at the top of the list so I have no reason to rock Kenny in a high stakes setting. But I'll happily sub him in casual matches. :D
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK