Author Topic: Kenny is the Best Baz  (Read 2678 times)

KennyIsBestBaz

• Headshot
  • Heroic_Legacy
    • View Profile
Kenny is the Best Baz
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:04:35 pm »
Apparently Kenny's Baz Stance K-Factor wins the Baz K-Factor duel when they touch each other. Found that out today in ranked. :)

The Baz Tier List
#1 Kenny
#2 The Baz
Kenny is the Best Baz

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
Re: Kenny is the Best Baz
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »
Apparently Kenny's Baz Stance K-Factor wins the Baz K-Factor duel when they touch each other. Found that out today in ranked. :)

The Baz Tier List
#1 Kenny
#2 The Baz

The Baz is #3. #2 is Bubblan87.

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 05:29:04 pm »
Sounds like shenanigans.

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 05:42:48 pm »
Kenny is a fantastic Baz, but if he kickfactors and kills someone immediately, it feels like the next round he doesn't have the kickfactor speed bonus if he's not Baz again. :(

Kenny's so hard to hit, it just makes Baz stance that much better.  The only thing not making it get nerfed is that he can't use it on demand.

Sadly, he doesn't get Shocker to deal with air character, but he doesn't need it.  I've spirit bullet canceled into a quick down lightning loop and got a lot of kills that made people range, and it's only possible because of his amazingly small size.

EastGold

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:14:58 pm »
I found that out while playing at Evo. I told Keits about it and he said they weren't going to take it out.

KennyIsBestBaz

• Headshot
  • Heroic_Legacy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:15:28 pm »
Kenny is a fantastic Baz, but if he kickfactors and kills someone immediately, it feels like the next round he doesn't have the kickfactor speed bonus if he's not Baz again. :(

This happens with Jefailey stance as well. And I'm under the impression it's because these two characters are the only ones who don't get basic bonuses from K-Factor immediately. So if the first kick kills the opponent the game might not register K-Factor as having been activated even though it has. Just shenanigan crackpot ideas about game design of which I have no idea.

The Baz Tier List
#1 Kenny
#2 The Baz

The Baz is #3. #2 is Bubblan87.
[/quote]

I didn't think many people would've gotten that joke so I left it out.
Kenny is the Best Baz

EastGold

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 06:24:38 am »

This happens with Jefailey stance as well. And I'm under the impression it's because these two characters are the only ones who don't get basic bonuses from K-Factor immediately. So if the first kick kills the opponent the game might not register K-Factor as having been activated even though it has. Just shenanigan crackpot ideas about game design of which I have no idea.

Okay. So what I think happens is if you activate K-Factor in Baz stance the game gives you the K-Factor bonus of that stance, but the next round you don't have any K-Factor bonus because you're not Baz stance (assuming you not the Baz). The same for Jefailey stance. But I did notice that Jefailey stance will work fine after you were K-factor Baz stance, I think because the game remembers that Jefailey stance has a special bonus like Baz stance. So the best case scenario is something like Baz stance, Jefailey stance, Jefailey stance, which happened for me once.

Now I know nothing for sure. This is just what I think happens.

[X-Rok]

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 06:50:02 pm »
speaking of baz and kickfactor... be careful as Kenny-Baz trying to escape a KF'd Baz. apparently the lightning bolt of a kick has a vulnerable hurtbox that the KF'd Baz can hurt. Found this out the hard way in ranked.

Firebust

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 08:32:49 pm »
The Baz still has invincibility kickfactor though. Baz will always be best Baz.
My faith in humanity is lost.

Sofaduel

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 08:58:26 pm »
The Baz still has invincibility kickfactor though. Baz will always be best Baz.
Not sure what you mean. Kenny's got the invincibility during Kick Factor (when he's The Baz) as well.
What EastGold and Darxio said is right, though, as I've noticed; winning a round in Kick Factor as The Baz (or Jefailey) makes the game seem to forget you're in Kick Factor the next round unless you're one of those two characters again. You'll be glowing red, sure, but you won't get the speed bonus. It's an odd bug, and I hope it gets looked at.
Steam ID: Sofaduel

Darxio

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »
I highly suggest just shooting off an air spirit bullet to burn your kickfactor so you can start accumulating meter again if you're not The Baz or Jefailey again after a win with either of them.

Better to get rid of it faster than fool yourself into thinking that red aura is useful.

On a side note, I am of the belief that starting a round in kickfactor jefailey, your DK is unreactable(At least with a kick gem).  This of course hinges on the luck of the draw of you winning a round with kickfactor, then becoming Jefailey on the next round with meter still.  You just fly across the screen so fast the opponent just can't react.

Of course, you have only a 1 in 12 chance of that happening.  Odds are you're going to dive and kick and do something completely different, possibly even get yourself killed if you play it wrong.  But oh man those moments bring out SO MUCH SALT.

massi4h

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 09:19:47 am »
Well if you want to check if you're jefailey you can hold the kick and as soon as the round starts you'll know. Unfortunately it doesn't charge while the round is starting like Jefailey so you'll have a bit of a delayed start.