Author Topic: Stream Tutorial Video  (Read 5811 times)

-G-

Stream Tutorial Video
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »
Quick little video I threw together to help players get a better hang of Stream. Let me know if you guys have any comments, questions, tips, tricks, etc!

Sorry for the quality and length, but this was created very quickly to try and help people ASAP! I may revisit it and clean it up with a better version someday!

Stream Tutorial Video

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
Re: Stream Tutorial Video
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:16:03 am »
Might take a look at this when I have access to sound.

You gotta teach me that Redacted vs. Stream match-up, G. It feels almost hopeless once he scores a head shot.  :-\
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:23:52 pm »
This video made me better at Kenny.

-G-

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 04:07:16 pm »
Might take a look at this when I have access to sound.

You gotta teach me that Redacted vs. Stream match-up, G. It feels almost hopeless once he scores a head shot.  :-\

I've lost to a few Redacted players as Stream. One guy completely bopped me using the Dive gem. One thing I know for sure is if I can nail a headshot on Red, it's 99% guaranteed I'll get that follow-up KO as well. Pretty easy to nail continuous headshots as well.

Argenrost

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Respectably Good with Redacted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 04:42:27 pm »
Yeah, I remember that from the one time we played online and the set we played at CEO. It was not fun, lol.

I figured that Dive Gem was the key to making it work, but... head shots against Redacted in that match-up make it frightening. I need to learn how to at least not get thrown into an infinite loop of head shots. Normally as Redacted you can easily counterattack people who press too hard after a head shot, but against Stream it feels like she genuinely has to take the loss in the following round. It's a very unique match-up for sure, more so than most.
Support the Skunk-Bear Army on my stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/argenrost

Follow me on Twitter to see when it goes up, I really appreciate the support!
@CasanovaSRK

-G-

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:18:58 pm »
That's one of Stream's best advantages. If you play against him like you play against most other characters, you're going to get whiff punished. You have to develop a unique playstyle against him for most characters.

drewlynoted

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 01:19:59 pm »
Thanks for the video. Even though I'm still losing most of my matches with Stream, this video really helped in stepping up my game.

Currently I'm playing defensive/punish game. I can't seem to play offensively without getting punished myself.

ImperiousRix

• Headshot
  • Y2K- The new KICK-llennium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »
Great tutorial. I was experimenting with Stream today and I really liked him, though he relies heavily on just frustrating his opponent.

One thing that I DIDN'T know and that I'll use from now on is the fact that you can Flame Bait after his kick ends to reset it. That can lead to some pretty filthy set ups I imagine, or for some surprising full-screen punishes. Definitely wanna try it tomorrow.

Warstratigier

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »
This is likely to put me in hole of the rankings but screw it rankings don't mean too much, there isn't enough stream monsters that are fighting steam-side.....yeah, I generally prefer the ones that many don't go too much and I don't back out of challenge...but man is stream a challenge. I'll get the hang of it eventually.

-G-

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 11:48:07 pm »
Air backdash is your friends, my fellow monsters.

Bait those kicks with D, K, K.

Warstratigier

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 01:01:08 am »
....on second thought, I am starting to regret my decision. Actually the only thing I've learned are ways to beat Steam and show he should have just stayed on the computers. Its all about understanding the max range stream's kick can go, because no matter what angle he goes there IS a limit on far he can go, and timing of flame bait and it is during those times i can either punish or get out of the way. So in short all I have to do against a stream is laugh at him and go "Come at me, bro" and then punish him when he tries anything.

So sorry -G- I'm afraid its not gonna work out
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:07:39 am by Warstratigier »

-G-

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:19 am »
....on second thought, I am starting to regret my decision. Actually the only thing I've learned are ways to beat Steam and show he should have just stayed on the computers. Its all about understanding the max range stream's kick can go, because no matter what angle he goes there IS a limit on far he can go, and timing of flame bait and it is during those times i can either punish or get out of the way. So in short all I have to do against a stream is laugh at him and go "Come at me, bro" and then punish him when he tries anything.

So sorry -G- I'm afraid its not gonna work out

That's fine, but there are ways around all of those limitations that you've posted. Stream is the best defensive character in the game, in my opinion. He doesn't have to go on offense against anyone.

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 11:56:01 am »
Based on your experience playing as Stream, which Gem do you think he gets the most benefit from for utilizing his basic strategies?

-G-

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 11:56:49 am »
Based on your experience playing as Stream, which Gem do you think he gets the most benefit from for utilizing his basic strategies?

I've been using Kick gem 99% of the time. There are a few matches where I'm considering the Dive gem but I haven't made the switch on any of them yet. That extra 10% kick speed and distance is awesome.

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 12:01:54 pm »
Yeah, I'd assume he wouldn't have need of the dive gem very often since double kickback already puts him nearly off the screen.