Author Topic: Ranked bug vita?  (Read 5738 times)

frostedflk

• Headshot
    • View Profile
Ranked bug vita?
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:30:24 pm »
I keep queuing up waiting for like 15 min and getting nothing, I find it hard to believe its that barren.

g00dapollo

• Headshot
    • View Profile
Re: Ranked bug vita?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:46:10 pm »
Yeah, I checked Ranked and Unranked and found no one after about 3 minutes of waiting. I only saw people in lobbies. I thought the game was Cross Play as well?

frostedflk

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:50:28 pm »
It is I know that for sure I have played with people on the ps3 it just seems like its not matching me.

EbinFlow

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:18:58 pm »
Having the same problems. Can't get an online game going to save my life. Other games online functionality (Dragons Crown) seems to work fine on my Vita, but DiveKick is giving me no love.

McCarron

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 03:33:34 pm »
Having used both PS3 and Vita versions on the same WiFi network, I do get matched far less on the Vita than I do on the PS3. I do get matched, just not that often. Sometimes I get matched quicker by exiting the Searching screen and starting it back up again so maybe try that?

g00dapollo

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:11:02 pm »
Exiting and re-entering kind of defeats the purpose of their matchmaking service though. That's the thing, it shouldn't be something we address, but IGS.

I am able to find people in lobbies no problem though, but not a single ranked match.

Keits

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • Trouble Shooting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »
We are looking into this, but a few users have solved this problem by setting their Vita to DMZ in their router.

McCarron

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:24:42 pm »
Exiting and re-entering kind of defeats the purpose of their matchmaking service though. That's the thing, it shouldn't be something we address, but IGS.

I don't disagree, just sharing a temporary solution that seems to work better for me. It feels like the connection is timing out.

We are looking into this, but a few users have solved this problem by setting their Vita to DMZ in their router.

Tomorrow I'll try that on my router and report back. There is someone I know I have problems with only on the Vita, need to coordinate with him and do some tests.

MyrequeArk

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »
I have waited for 30 mins for a ranked match and I couldn't find any at all. On PS3.

I can play in lobbies no problem though so I dunno what the problem is. Can you guys use the DarkStalkers Online coding? :D

g00dapollo

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 10:13:40 pm »

Gonna' try this in a few minutes, will come back and post results.

Edit: Okay, I enabled DMZ to my Vita, quick and easy. I searched several times. Still no increase of players found, I let it sit while watching NLBC for about 5 minutes, and couldn't find a single match. No interval of waiting got me anything more.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:36:59 pm by g00dapollo »

Rikitatsu

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 11:01:51 pm »
Same issue. Never got either a ranked nor unranked match in matchmaking... I waited forever.

Also, not sure If I'm the only one, but a lot of people at the Search Lobby got ridiculous pings (999 ms)...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that 90% of the time I tried to join a lobby it either says "Error, Failed to join game.".. Or the screen stays black (with the rotating circles) and then I get back to the lobby search screen.

I dunno if the Online is just as bad in other versions, but I REALLY hope this gets fixed ASAP! :(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:44:22 pm by Rikitatsu »

EbinFlow

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

If it helps any - moving my Vita to a DMZ seems to have helped a little getting in lobby matches. When I was outside the DMZ I had never had success getting into a lobby. Inside the DMZ I still get tons of errors joining lobby matches, however, 1 in 15 or so seem to work.

In regards to ranked matches, inside the DMZ hasn't seem to help much at all. I did find one ranked match the other day, but since then I can't seem to find a match despite queuing up a ton.

Keits

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • Trouble Shooting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 04:17:47 pm »
We will continue to investigate.

MyrequeArk

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 07:24:07 pm »
Hey Keits, is 3rd Strike Online Edition using the Peer2Peer code? Cause i'm playing 3rd Strike right now with no issues... But I can't seem to find a match in DS:R (Although I believe that the online community for DS:R has dwindled in PS3)

g00dapollo

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 12:05:26 am »
Keits, I booted up my PS3 copy, and found more matches than I do on Vita. It still took about 1-2 minutes between rounds(no big deal) but I definitely found some. Just offering what I have going on to help further this.

My PS3 is wired to my router directly.
I opened the DMZ on my Vita via router.

So, from the looks of it, it's just an issue with the Vita. The PS3 version I had no problems with. Hope this helps some.