Author Topic: ACTUAL New S-Kill Tips Thread (Now With Actual Matchup Knowledge!)  (Read 2609 times)

BFS

• On a Rampage
  • One-Trick Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ACTUAL New S-Kill Tips Thread (Now With Actual Matchup Knowledge!)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 11:35:26 am »
Am I punning right, Gunthor?
Yeah, I think that did the Trick.

The punning S-Kill with this one is immense
Silly rabbit, tricks are for S-Kills.

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 04:46:09 pm »
Also, Spirit Bullet loses to trick if the Kenny player opts to actually shoot the bullet and not just Fake-out.
This doesn't seem like a big deal, Kenny can cancel on reaction and never die this way.

BFS

• On a Rampage
  • One-Trick Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »
Also, Spirit Bullet loses to trick if the Kenny player opts to actually shoot the bullet and not just Fake-out.
This doesn't seem like a big deal, Kenny can cancel on reaction and never die this way.

"if the Kenny player opts to actually shoot the bullet and not just Fake-out."

Basically if you catch them off guard it works. It's a similar situation to Baz's kick startup, where you can try and trick it but it's risky against good players.

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 03:59:33 am »
Yeah, it does win there, but phrasing it that way makes it sound like the Kenny loses after deciding to use his spirit bullet as a projectile. Really, it's a waste of meter or round loss for S-Kill on Kenny's reaction. Regardless of what Kenny's plan was before trick, after he sees trick he is mashing K.

It will work if the Kenny was planning to fire the bullet and is inattentive/playing online.

BFS

• On a Rampage
  • One-Trick Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 01:41:25 pm »
Yeah, it does win there, but phrasing it that way makes it sound like the Kenny loses after deciding to use his spirit bullet as a projectile. Really, it's a waste of meter or round loss for S-Kill on Kenny's reaction. Regardless of what Kenny's plan was before trick, after he sees trick he is mashing K.

It will work if the Kenny was planning to fire the bullet and is inattentive/playing online.

Agreed, the phrasing did make it sound like that. What I really mean is it's an option and can make a good mixup.

Sergeoff

• Total Domination
  • IGN: Kuchiki Toko / Toko
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:33 pm »
Mix-up options... S-Kill doesn't seem to have many of those. Below Trick threshold? Spam DKK, farm meter, don't die. Above Trick threshold? DD-K until opponent finds himself in a bad state, then Trick. His Parry doesn't seem to be helping him in most match-ups.

Since his footsies game is mediocre at best, S-Kill has to succumb to that Trick rush. It's like playing an OTK Mage deck in Hearthstone: you wait until your full combo is in your hand, and then kill your opponent. If you died before that, tough luck.

BFS

• On a Rampage
  • One-Trick Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 03:45:55 pm »
Mix-up options... S-Kill doesn't seem to have many of those. Below Trick threshold? Spam DKK, farm meter, don't die. Above Trick threshold? DD-K until opponent finds himself in a bad state, then Trick. His Parry doesn't seem to be helping him in most match-ups.

Since his footsies game is mediocre at best, S-Kill has to succumb to that Trick rush. It's like playing an OTK Mage deck in Hearthstone: you wait until your full combo is in your hand, and then kill your opponent. If you died before that, tough luck.

S-Kill actually has some pretty good mixup options in terms of timing.

Is your opponent reacting to your tricks? Delay your kick out of trick, or trick dive

Is your opponent expecting an early trick? Trick them late, after they've kicked.

Is your opponent being overly aggressive? Try to mix between standard DKK' punishes and throwing yourself at them with parry. Keep them on their toes. You can also trick to get out of the pressure, or use your unique movement.

Is your opponent baiting parries? Bait their baits with parry, and parry again.

Also, parry is really good against a lot of the cast, except for Stream, Shoals, and Baz. Everyone else has to really watch out for it.

As for footsies, I haven't really been on my game lately, but S-Kill has potential for great footsies against a lot of his harder matchups. For example, I usually can evade most of Gunthor's advances by staying low to the ground, and then looking carefully for a mistake he's made, albeit Gunthor just doesn't make mistakes. Against Shoals, I try to get myself under the opponent when they go for a bunch of kick resets and punish when they get low enough, and then going for trick rushowns later in the match. So, against Shoals you're right, but against the rest of the cast S-Kill does have quite a few more options.