Author Topic: S-Kill Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic  (Read 2681 times)

BackwardCap

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
S-Kill Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic
« on: August 25, 2013, 03:27:29 pm »
This thread is for talking about any buffs nerfs or general changes that you think are needed for S-Kill.

DaiAndOh

• Headshot
    • View Profile
Re: S-Kill Buffs & Nerfs discussion topic
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »
Why is this necessary, unless you're an Iron Galaxy rep interested in this? Shouldn't we be more invested on figuring out how to use his current strengths and weaknesses in the actual version?

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:37:48 pm »
I actually though this was a parody thread, considering S-Kill's story mode gimmick. Then I saw it cross posted into every one of the character forums.

Tipzntrix

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:59:26 pm »
S-Kill needs different animation frames for parry startup and recovery.  It's really counter-intuitive to have the same pose for active parry, recovering parry, and starting up parry.  Sometimes the game registers him as being hit and sometimes he gets the parry, but his pose looks exactly the same.  With Baz, you can at least tell if his aura is around him, but SKill has no visual cue.  Does Parry even have startup?  This isn't necessarily a buff or a nerf, just a quality of life thing.

EDIT: I would even accept reuse of his landing animation.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:02:20 pm by Tipzntrix »

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:29 pm »
S-Kill needs different frames for parry startup and recovery.  It's really counter-intuitive to have the same pose for active parry, recovering parry, and starting up parry.  Sometimes the game registers him as being hit and sometimes he gets the parry, but his pose looks exactly the same.  With Baz, you can at least tell if his aura is around him, but SKill has no visual cue.  Does Parry even have startup?  This isn't necessarily a buff or a nerf, just a quality of life thing.

Parry has no startup, 16 active, 4 recovery. It's fine as is.

Tipzntrix

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 03:11:26 pm »
I don't think making "don't hit me or you'll get headshot" and "hit me now, I can't do anything" look exactly the same is fine.  I'm not sure any game has made active and recovery frames look exactly the same for years.  Even Divekick itself has landing frames that show when you're vulnerable after falling.

enemyplayer

• Total Domination
  • wingtipped protips
    • View Profile
    • twitch.tv/justintrash
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 03:40:36 pm »
You are vulnerable for 1/5th of a 3rd of a second. I am ok with no cue or a glowing red clown nose but if I throw out that parry I am committing to the idea that I am going to get hit and that I want to shut it down right then, right there. Hoping to hit the tail end of the move seems silly.

Tipzntrix

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 12:28:14 am »
You are vulnerable for 1/5th of a 3rd of a second. I am ok with no cue or a glowing red clown nose but if I throw out that parry I am committing to the idea that I am going to get hit and that I want to shut it down right then, right there. Hoping to hit the tail end of the move seems silly.

Landing is only 3 frames from what I've read and it has an animation.

parrythelightning

• Total Domination
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 01:52:57 am »
Even though people wouldn't be able to react to the animation, and reacting to parry by trying to hit the tail end of it would be super crayzee, it would be nice to have an animation for the recovery.  As it is, people are usually surprised to have won when they kill me in parry recovery.

TrapJesus

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 11:15:45 am »
Even though people wouldn't be able to react to the animation, and reacting to parry by trying to hit the tail end of it would be super crayzee, it would be nice to have an animation for the recovery.  As it is, people are usually surprised to have won when they kill me in parry recovery.

Truth...in all honesty the way to beat parry, is to either bait it and know the timing, or more reliably, aim for S-Kills feet