Author Topic: Divekick Update 1 - Change List  (Read 14454 times)

Keits

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • Trouble Shooting
    • View Profile
Divekick Update 1 - Change List
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:59:35 pm »
Hey everyone!  We are releasing a patch today that contains a few small gameplay changes along with the usual set of bug fixes and improvements to matchmaking.  Check it out!  (As of today, 9/16/13, the SCEA region patch has been released, so all regions should now have access to these changes, regardless of platform.)

General Changes
- The leaderboard can now scroll past 100 without any issues.
- Improvements have been made to make finding and joining ranked and unranked matches faster and more reliable.  Changes were also made to help players join find lobbies when searching.
- Your CR (Character Rating) value should now be accurate when playing online.
- (PSN ONLY) Fixed a rare crash that would occur at the end of an online match.
- (STEAM ONLY) Fixed a rare desync during online play.
- (STEAM ONLY) Fixed an issue that allowed your screen saver to pop up during gameplay.

Gameplay Changes
The Baz - These changes were made to encourage more thoughtful play.  Baz will have access to his moves more often, and making tactical choices with them will be much more meaningful now that, at best, Kickfactor gets you only one round. 
- Builds meter ~14% faster.
- Kickfactor now ends if you get a kill with it and will not carry over to the next round. It will carry over in a timeout situation.
- Kickfactor is half a second shorter.
- Two Kickfactor Baz players will now pass through each-other instead of a Double KO.

Kenny -
- Baz stance has the same changes Baz has undergone.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Kenny from getting the correct speed bonus from his stance in Kickfactor after starting a new round with Kickfactor already enabled.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:14:09 pm by Keits »

CanadianBaconz

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
Re: Divekick Update 1 - Change List
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »
I like the Baz changes, his Kickfactor was a little nuts for some matchups.
I can see this change making him a little better in his bad matchups, and worse in his crazy good ones. Hopefully we'll see some more mighty swings.

Adelheid

• Fraud Detector
  • Total Domination
  • Mary Boppins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »
Being struck while in The Shocker and killing them with counter makes you lose all your meter. This doesn't seem intentional. Does NOT happen if they just hit your aura, only if they actually kick into it and their foot would hit you.

krazhier

• Iron Galaxy
  • Double Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:56 pm »
Looks like this was something we discovered for the console builds and was never fixed for the pc build we'll do a hotfix soon.  Thanks

Vysetron

• Fraud Detector
  • Multikill
  • TIME TO PLAY BAZBLUE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:53 pm »
Being struck while in The Shocker and killing them with counter makes you lose all your meter. This doesn't seem intentional. Does NOT happen if they just hit your aura, only if they actually kick into it and their foot would hit you.
Confirmed. We got it working consistently. Please tell me this isn't working as intended, as it's kind of silly to get penalized for effectively landing a parry.

Never mind! Thanks for the fast response!

then3xus

• Total Domination
  • Download Complete!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:43:27 pm »
halleujah, Baz is not as dumb anymore! Buffing his meter build makes good sense with these changes.

BackwardCap

• Total Domination
  • The One True Player of The One True Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 06:23:11 pm »
Wow, so The Baz's kick factor will be an absolute last resort lest you completely use all of your meter in one round as opposed to making multiple good reads with shocker and mighty swing.

CancR

• On a Rampage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 09:02:59 pm »
I like it

EastGold

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 09:08:04 pm »
I didn't have any problems with the way Baz was, but I think these changes are much better. Hoping to see people use Mighty Swing more.

kaak

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »
Nice update i like it a lot. But is there a fix comming for the open mic's?

Gunthor the Perilous

• Total Domination
  • Neck snap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:53 am »
What was mindless about a Baz having to space his opponent well enough to get full meter without getting bopped, or god forbid, headshot, in the process?

Can Kfactor Baz at least score a headshot now? That would make the meter management system between himself and his opponent at least not completely unmanageable.

Keits

• Administrator
  • Total Domination
  • Trouble Shooting
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 07:39:57 am »
What was mindless about a Baz having to space his opponent well enough to get full meter without getting bopped, or god forbid, headshot, in the process?

Be real.  What was mindless is very very obviously that going for kickfactor in most of his matchups was ALWAYS the right choice.  These changes should make the decision between kickfactor and use of techniques more viable, as it is for the rest of the cast.

Vysetron

• Fraud Detector
  • Multikill
  • TIME TO PLAY BAZBLUE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:09 am »
Be real.  What was mindless is very very obviously that going for kickfactor in most of his matchups was ALWAYS the right choice.  These changes should make the decision between kickfactor and use of techniques more viable, as it is for the rest of the cast.

I don't disagree with making changes to his K factor, but I'm not sure taking it all away after the initial kill was the best solution. About half the cast could dodge old Baz easily unless he had a dive gem, and even then he was only likely to net one round anyway. The patch forces smarter play, but that's largely because K factor is no longer a realistic goal in most matchups.

That said, it has evened out his matchups overall so it's not really a nerf. Any chance we could hear other ideas you guys had for Baz's K factor before you settled on this one? I'm curious.

gangstakirby

• Multikill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 09:22:25 am »
Baz was terrible why did he get nerfed? all you have to do wait for him to start up a kick then punish.  he like. his hitboxes suck. they leave him extremely vunerable all the time. hes just weird as fuck to play so noobs dont know what to do and get raped then cry for patches.

dawgpilez

• On a Rampage
  • Fraud is OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:39 am »

I don't disagree with making changes to his K factor, but I'm not sure taking it all away after the initial kill was the best solution. About half the cast could dodge old Baz easily unless he had a dive gem, and even then he was only likely to net one round anyway. The patch forces smarter play, but that's largely because K factor is no longer a realistic goal in most matchups.

That said, it has evened out his matchups overall so it's not really a nerf. Any chance we could hear other ideas you guys had for Baz's K factor before you settled on this one? I'm curious.

I would love to have half the cast at a disadvantage during kickfactor for 2+ matches. I main Markman and play Pao. If I play against Baz, I HAVE to rush him ( I can do some shakin n' bake n' if I were playing Kick or Redacted) . If he got kickfactor, I would put the controller down until the 3 round (or pray I pulled out a portal as Markman for some lol saves).

I like the changes as well. The Shocker is already pretty deadly. Being able to use it more makes me sadface, but only b/c I don't play Baz, and known he needs it. Unfortunately, this would mean if it were going to be a timeout, if he holds the line, he's is guaranteed the round (unless you are Jefailey or Kenny with meter).
I pump DEX in my DK characters.
[Insert link to favorite Divekick fan vid series.]
Steam: Dawg Pilez